Bio: Kyle Mercer
Inquiry Method Innovator, Mentor & Coach
Owner, The Garden Company
An exceptional leadership coach backed by 20 years of experience, Kyle Mercer guides executives, business owners, and entrepreneurs to their next level of success – based on what they really want. In one-on-one coaching calls, group coaching, and retreats, Kyle teaches his trademarked Inquiry Method™, empowering his clients to overcome obstacles and discover lasting clarity, direction, and focus.
For organizations, Kyle Mercer leads Board Renewal programs to forge strategic, productive boards of directors that contribute at the highest level possible. Kyle’s Corporate Renewals programs fuse the entire workforce with a spirit of “employee entrepreneurial engagement,” which significantly increases productivity and profitability.
Thanks to his insight, experience, and business acumen,Kyle stands apart as a powerful speaker who holds meaningful conversations with business leaders and other groups to spur insights, both professional and personal.
Driven by an innate curiosity that led to the development of his powerful Inquiry Method, Kyle’s early career was driven by curiosity of other places and cultures. Early explorations included:
- Studied language in Costa Rica and Guatemala, as well as language and politics in Ecuador
- Traveled extensively, studying local cultures and natural history in Egypt, Europe, the Galapagos, and Peru as well as dive expeditions in the Cayman Islands and Bahamas
- Trained in Kenya with the National Outdoor Leadership School, where he lived with the Kikuyu tribe, studied Swahili, and explored the Masai culture with Masai warriors
- Taught sociology and economics at the University College of Belize
- Stepped up as field director for Northwest Youth Corps, a non-profit organization that works with young adults
- Worked with the Leadership Education Adventure Project (LEAP) and the Rocky Mountain Academy, which mentors at-risk youth
In 1999, Kyle took over the reins as President of The Garden Company, which had been founded by his father, Kendrick Mercer.
Active in a variety of community endeavors, Kyle holds a seat on the board of directors for Well Aware, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization providing life-saving water to people around the world. Well Aware funds and installs clean water systems using a unique sustainability model to ensure the water system will last for decades.
Kyle Mercer resides in Ashland, Oregon, with his son Henry. “Exploration” continues to be a strong theme in Kyle’s life. An outdoor enthusiast, he loves to ski, hike, bike, run, and explore the great outdoors.As a leadership coach and mentor, Kyle guides clients to explore their inner world to create a more meaningful life.
What are Kyle Mercer’s clients are up to in the world? They include:
- A successful scientist and businesswoman who is launching multiple philanthropic ventures.
- A business professional who is balancing life and family while building luxury brands and making international films.
- An accomplished investment banker who is finding the heart – and true fulfillment – in the world of investment banking.
- A talented interior designer who has stepped up to the “A” list and discovered a new level of personal and professional success.
- A CEO who changed careersand now inspires world-changing startup entrepreneurs.
- A top-grossing dentist who is overcoming a recent disability and breaking out into consulting and professional speaking.
- A career mother engaging in her own personal transformation to create a great relationship with her children.
- A successful professional who is transforming her career to make room to dance, ride horses, and enjoy a serious relationship.